When utilizing a Dropbox folder as your Exploratory Repository, you may encounter an error message similar to the following:
Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, open 'C:\Users\JohnDow\Dropbox\ExploratoryRepo\projects\projects\ABC___Bcw9Jdo3\dataframes\Zgd9uMY6_vyu4LiO5.json'
If you encounter this issue, follow these steps to temporarily disable auto-sync for your Exploratory Repository:
Access the Dropbox Application:
- On Windows: Locate and click the Dropbox icon in the system tray (bottom right corner).
- On macOS: Find and click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar (top right corner).
Open Preferences or Settings:
- On Windows: In the Dropbox menu, click the gear icon (settings) and select “Preferences.”
- On macOS: Click the Dropbox icon, then click the gear icon (settings), and choose “Preferences.”
Navigate to the “Sync” Tab:
- Within the Preferences or Settings window, go to the “Sync” tab.
Enable Selective Sync:
- In the “Selective Sync” section, you’ll find a list of all your Dropbox folders.
- Uncheck the box next to the folder associated with your Exploratory Repository to halt syncing to your computer.
Apply Your Changes:
- To save your modifications, click the “Update” or “Apply” button.
After completing your work with the Exploratory Repository, you can re-select the folder to resume syncing and ensure that your changes are synchronized with Dropbox.