It doesn't even start on Windows 10

We had some Windows 10 users reported that Exploratory didn’t even launch. We have found a root cause that had something do with Node Webkit version that we were using. We have fixed the issue by upgrading Node Webkit version, and finalizing the last testing round. If you happen to be Windows 10 user and want to give it a try this fixed version, you can download it from here.

https://exploratory.io/downloads/Exploratory2510.zip

Once the testing is done, then we will release it as a patch v2.5.1 to the download page.

The fixed version has been released and now is available for download from our download page!

https://exploratory.io/download

Let me know if anybody encounter any issue.

I’m frustrated : Exploratory seems a very interesting product, but I can’t even launch it. Each time I create a new project, it refuses to open it with this message error.

I’m on Windows 10, R version 3.3.2 is already installed and i’ve downloaded the last version of the software.

Here is the log error :

[Tue Dec 27 2016 16:21:58 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)] INFO { ‘0’: ‘PATH for the command: C:\Users\ettor\.exploratory\R\3.3\Rserve\libs\x64;C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.2\bin\x64;%PATH%’ }

[Tue Dec 27 2016 16:21:58 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)] INFO { ‘0’: ‘R_HOME for the command: C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.2’ }

[Tue Dec 27 2016 16:21:59 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)] ERROR { ‘0’: ‘Failed to start Rserve daemon. (Could not find process.)’ }

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Ettore,

Can you send me your email to contact or send an email to kan@exploratory.io? We can get on Google Hangout or Skype and look into the issue together. Which timezone are you in?

Hi Ettore,
Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you try running the command we are running under the cover to start Rserve and let us know what happens?
Here are the commands:

set PATH=C:\Users\ettor\.exploratory\R\3.3\Rserve\libs\x64;C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.2\bin\x64;%PATH%
set R_HOME=C:\Program Files\R\R-3.3.2
set LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Rserve.exe --no-save --RS-encoding utf8 --RS-port 6312

If you can do hangout or skype session, do let us know.

Tanx everyone, i finally found the issue : for some obscure reason, important variables had disappeared from my PATH. Cmd.exe was no longer recognized. I fixed this by adding this to the PATH :

% SystemRoot% \ system32;% SystemRoot%;% SystemRoot% \ System32 \ Wbem;% SYSTEMROOT% \ System32 \ WindowsPowerShell \ v1.0 \

Thank you again for your help.

2 Likes